The Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award recognizes young women, ages 16-19, who demonstrate superior leadership skills and a commitment to public service and civic causes, and encourages them to continue their participation in public and political life.
How to Apply:
For detailed information and the application go to Young Women in Public Affairs Award
Applications are to be submitted by email or mailed to the local club in your area. The club will establish the date by which the application is due, but in all cases, the club must select it's winner and submit the application package to the Committee Chair Person by April 1st.
For any questions, Email the Young Women in Public Affairs Committee Chair Person at YWPA@zonta-district11.org
Applications are accepted by email only. Applications submitted by email must be signed and sent as a PDF.
Eligibility criteria for the YWPA Award:
Applicants must be
- Women of age 16 to 19 years old.
- Living or studying in a Zonta district or region at the time of application.
Applicants must also demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Active commitment to volunteerism
- Experience in local or student government
- Volunteer leadership achievements
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs
- Advocating on behalf of Zonta International's mission to advance the status of women worldwide.